Founding Engineer (Full Stack)
Location: Remote - US (Hybrid option for Seattle)
Hi 👋 I’m Andrew, the Co-Founder & CTO at PeerSignal.org. I’m incredibly excited to be posting our first engineering position. I’m looking for someone to join me on the ground floor building the tech that powers this community, creating delightful UX, and solving interesting problems around ETL and data scraping.
Working at Facebook in the early days taught me that small, high-powered teams can get a shit ton done when given context, autonomy, and the right tools. Being a 10x engineer isn’t just about being highly skilled; it’s also about being on a great team and having the support to do your best work. If the prospect of working with world-class people on a team that punches far above its weight excites you, I think you’ll like working here.
What you see with our free data sets at PeerSignal is just the tip of the iceberg. We’ve been busy behind the scenes building a B2B SaaS company on top of the same tech — it’s still in stealth mode, but it has real customers (and revenue!) and the early feedback is super encouraging.
One last thing — when you join a startup, you’re taking a big risk on the founders. Do they know what they’re doing? Are they jerks? Can the execute on the business while also building a company that people actually want to work for? On that note, I couldn’t be more delighted to be partnering with Adam. He’s seasoned, thoughtful, and an absolute killer when it comes to strategy and business sense. I’d like to think we have the ingredients to not only succeed with minimal drama, but more importantly to enjoy the hell out of the journey.
You could be a great fit if:
- You enjoy the ambiguity of early stage.
- You have a growth mindset.
- You have strong technical skills. Mega bonus points if you send us a link to your GitHub profile, interesting side projects you’ve built, or a HackerRank or Topcoder profile.
- You want to work with a world-class team that will challenge you and help you grow.
- Fill out this brief form to apply. If you have questions email me - andrew at peersignal dot org.
- If we see a strong fit, I’ll follow up to schedule a 30 minute call.
- If we’re both excited after the call, we’ll schedule additional interviews with the team and maybe send you a take-home puzzle to solve. ~3-4 hours.
- If we’re all excited after the interviews, we’ll do reference calls. We’ll encourage you to call our references too.
- Offer details and set a start date.
Our Team, Culture, and Business
We’re early stage. Not “early” like $30M in funding and 150 people. I mean real early:
- 3 person team (growing patiently, sustainably).
- Design partner customers only (not GA, not even “early access”).
- A little bit figured out and a lot of open questions.
If you are looking for a true early stage environment, this is a rare opportunity to build something from the ground floor.
You won’t see a lot of fancy posters or culture decks, but we’re trying to get the basics right and create an environment for all of us to do our best work. In our mind a great environment has a few necessary conditions:
- People tell the truth and do honest work. Munger said this well: “You want to deliver to the world what you would buy if you were on the other end.”
- It’s clear that everyone works for the customer. According to Peter Drucker: “The purpose of business is to create and keep a customer.”
- Results matter, but learning & improving in the pursuit matters just as much. Here’s Josh Waitzkin: “The key to pursuing excellence is to embrace an organic, long-term learning process, and not to live in a shell of static, safe mediocrity.”
- Everyone cares deeply, but makes space to smile or laugh. Larry King ftw: “What you are doing is nice, and it can be important, and it can have meaning, and it can move people, but it ain't the end of the world.”
Each new team member (that’s you!) will help shape the culture and define our operating principles.
While it’s early stage, we do have a solid financial situation that allows us invest in you pay you competitively. PeerSignal is free, but we have a business model under the hood. You won’t find much about it online because we haven’t launched yet. We’ll share all the details when we talk. Sorry I can’t say more here, but need to keep that mysterious factor going.
PeerSignal provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.